This dish is inspired by our trip to Turkey where we enjoyed a stunning baklava with a banana ice cream, which I couldn’t stop eating. It was the pistachio with the banana that had me, which got me thinking of simplifying this combination down to the two components, for something we can all enjoy in the comfort of our own homes.
This recipe is quick and easy as it’s just 3 ingredients. We even have a top tip to speed up the process of freezing the bananas to enjoy frozen yogurt on the same day! Scroll down…
- 2 large bananas
- 2 heaped tbsp yoghurt (or soy alternative)
- 1 tbsp. Agave (or other sweetener)
- 50g salted pistachios (shelled)
- Cut the bananas roughly into half a centimeter slices and lay out onto a tray with baking parchment and then cover and freeze for around 2 to 3 hours.
- Add to a blender with the yoghurt and sweetener and blitz into a smooth ice cream consistency.
- Either serve straight away or add to a tub, and into the freezer. Leave for about 15 minutes to soften before serving if you do.
- Break up the pistachios with a pestle and more or in a bag with a rolling pin and serve with some crumbled over the top.