A healthy treat for the mornings. Instead of a rich high sugar banoffee flavour, we only use oats, water, banana and dates with a little maple syrup. The key is the technique, caramelizing the bananas and dates and then blending with water to create a tasty, guilt free breakfast. Enjoy with some fresh banana slices and a cup of tea!
Ingredients (makes 2 pots)
- 500ml water
- 100g oats
- 1 large banana (1/2 a banana fresh to serve)
- 6 dates
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Deseed the dates and roughly chop up. slice up the banana.
- Add both ingredients to a frying pan on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes to caramelize.
- Add 200ml of the water and turn the heat up stirring until is has reduced to a thick paste. Add another 200ml and repeat.
- Let it slightly cool and blitz into a paste. Add the last 100ml of water.
- Mix with the oats and add to jars. Leave covered over night in the fridge and eat in the morning.
- Serve each with half a banana sliced and a tsp of maple syrup.