Never throw away leftover bananas as they are the best type for adding an intense banana flavour to cakes. These muffins are delicious, perfectly moist with extra flavour from the white and milk chocolate chips. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee!
Ingredients makes 12 muffins
- 150g self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 150g unsalted butter or stork margarine
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 2 over ripe bananas (crushed)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- 50g white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 12 muffin cases
- Muffin tray
- Electric whisk
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F
- Combine the flour and sugar together and make a well, add the eggs and butter to the well and mix slightly with a spoon.
- Using an electric whisk, combine for 3 minutes until smooth. Add the water, vanilla bean paste and bananas, then whisk for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and give it a stir with a spoon to evenly spread them. Then add the mixture to the muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Cook for 18 – 20 minutes until you can put a knife or skewer through one muffin and it be totally clean.
- Take out of the tin after a couple or minutes and leave to cool before eating.