Looking for an easy courgette recipe to use up the last of the courgettes in your fridge? We’ve got you covered with our crispy chorizo and parmesan courgettes, right here!
As one of the most versatile ingredients out there, courgettes can be used in so many ways. Whether it’s spiralizing them to make courgetti spaghetti, peeling them into thick ribbons for crunchy salads or using them to stuff calzone, the possibilities are endless! Did you know you can even use them to make sponge cakes super smooth and moist?
Our top tip for super crispy chorizo and parmesan courgettes in this recipe, is to remember to cover them in salt and leave for 5 minutes (don’t worry, we mention this in the recipe too!). Doing this will remove any excess water and ensure the courgettes don’t become a mushy mess in the pan.
To flavour the courgettes, we simply blended the chorizo, to create a fine crumb, and combined with parmesan before rubbing onto the courgettes with a little olive oil. It really is that easy!
CRISPY CHORIZO AND PARMESAN COURGETTES
- 2 Courgettes sliced
- 50 g Cornmeal
- 20 g Parmesan
- 50 g Chorizo diced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200℃/400℉.
- Dice the chorizo and crisp up in a dry frying pan on a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes and then remove onto a paper towel. Add to a blender and blitz into a crumb.
- Combine the chorizo with the parmesan and cornmeal and then mix the olive oil with the garlic and seasoning.
- Cut the courgettes into centimeter disks and then cover in the salt in a colander, leave for 5 minutes and then thoroughly wash and drain.
- Rub the courgettes in the oil and then the chorizo mix and bake for around 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.