Asparagus season is coming and we have a damn good snack for you! Behold our cumin buttered asparagus and grilled halloumi panini. This is as moreish as it gets with the beautiful fresh baby asparagus coated in cumin butter and lemon juice, cutting through the salty deliciousness that is halloumi. Enjoy as a lunchtime snack or on a warm day for delightfully different breakfast.
Ingredients (makes )
- 100g halloumi cheese
- 2 panini breads
- 4 tbsp houmous (hummus)
- 10 to 12 baby asparagus
- 1 heaped tsp butter
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Squeeze of half lemon
- Pinch of rock salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in the pan and then stir in the cumin.
- Trim the hard ends of the asparagus add to the pan rolling around to coat and cook on a low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Squeeze over the lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt and a little black pepper.
- Cut the halloumi thin enough to cover the entire panini and grill using a dry frying pan on a medium heat. Turn over when golden brown.
- Lightly toast the inside of your panini bread and then start by spreading over the houmous, and then layering the asparagus and halloumi.
- Heat the bread through, either in a panini press or using a dry hot pan, and turning once over squishing with the bottom of another pan.
- Tuck in!