It’s new potato season and we are using the king, the jersey royal! You can use any type but these are fantastic and worth picking up in your local supermarket. With a little bit of effort, we have created a hasselback potato that is packed full with flavour, super tasty, with a crispy crunch at every bite.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 600g new potatoes (jersey royal)
- 50ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 clove of garlic (Crushed)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 generous pinch of sea salt (add more to taste)
- A generous pinch of cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200℃/400℉.
- Slice the potatoes using a sharp knife through almost to the bottom leaving enough for the potato to hold together. Repeat along each potato, roughly just less than half a centimetre between each incision. Don’t worry about breaking some as some are small and can be baked for extra crispy bits.
- Mix the oil with the garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sea salt and pepper and coat the potatoes in a large bowl, shaking them about.
- Add the cornmeal and coat the potatoes once more, shaking the bowl.
- Bake on a tray for 30 minutes or until cooked and crispy.