Have one of these little pizzas as a light lunch or make a couple to enjoy for a proper meal. Cheap, easy and super tasty! We used wholemeal pitta bread and low fat creme fraiche to make you not feel so guilty. A little rocket is the perfect accompaniment. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 large leek (sliced into rings)
- 50g mature cheddar cheese
- 2 heaped tbsp low fat creme fraiche
- A little Parmesan to finish (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a normal home oven, preheat it to its highest setting. Put a tray in the oven to get hot.
- With a little oil in a frying pan, lightly fry the leaks until reduced and softened.
- Add the creme fraiche and cheese. Season, give it a stir and then turn off the heat.
- Spread the leek mixture on top of your pitta breads and then add the pittas to the tray. You can add another topping if you like (we chose some mushrooms).
- Sprinkle with a little parmesan and black pepper.
- Cook for around 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp.