This is a rich mushroom soup without the need for any potatoes or cream! Healthy yet full of flavour, it will leave you warm on the inside and with a big smile on the outside! Just a few simple tricks make the most out of the ingredients and you will be chucking out the tin soups for good! Best served with lots of pepper for that little kick to keep you snug this winter.
Ingredients serves 2-4
- 400g banana shallots
- 300g mixed mushrooms
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Season well to taste
- In a big saucepan, sweat down the shallots and garlic on the lowest heat setting for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will bring the sweetness out of the shallots.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan with a touch of oil, set to the highest heat and then add your mushrooms. Crisp them slightly to add a meaty intense rich flavour to the soup.
- When the onions are done, add the mushrooms and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Add the cider vinegar and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blitz until smooth using a hand blender or food processor to a smooth consistency.
- Season well to taste, then tuck in!