Feast your eyes on this Valentine’s Day delight: our delicious passion fruit and prosecco jelly, topped with smooth vanilla cream! This easy to assemble dessert will certainly impress your partner, but we’d recommend making these the night before to ensure they are fully set and ready to enjoy on Valentine’s Day. Finish with a sprinkling passion fruit seeds to put the icing on the martini and enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 175ml passion fruit juice
- 175ml prosecco
- 2 sheets of Leaf gelatine (or vegetarian alternative)
- 200ml double cream
- 2 heaped tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 passion fruit for decoration
- Mix the prosecco and passion fruit juice together.
- This recipe requires 250ml of liquid so check and follow the packet guidelines of your chosen gelatine, and dissolve the correct amount of gelatine needed to 250ml of liquid. We used 2 sheets of leaf gelatine to 250ml of water, but this can vary depending on the gelatine you are using, so double check this information should be on the packet instructions.
- Add the dissolved gelatine liquid evenly into both martini glasses and leave to set in the fridge, preferably over night.
- The next day you can whisk the double cream with the vanilla bean paste until it starts to stiffen a little bit.
- Spread evenly over the top of each jelly and serve with a few passion fruit seeds scattered over the top.