You could have this meal at any time, whether it be a Saturday morning treat, a hearty lunch or a light dinner. It’s also packed with dimension and flavour, from the crispy roasted sweet potato and crunchy pomegranate seeds, to the light and fluffy omelette. Then a sprinkle of melted and fresh feta to finish. Not much effort involved and you end up with a dish that will catch the eye of anyone you’re cooking for. We made a simple dressing to go with it that completes a tasty meal.
Ingredients serves 1
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1/2 green chilli (seeds out, finely sliced)
- 75g feta cheese
- small handful pomegranate seeds
- a few sprigs of fresh coriandar (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing;
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and then cut roughly into 2cm by 2cm squares.
- Part boil the potatoes for 5 minutes and then strain. Add to a baking tray with a little oil, salt and pepper. Cook for around 20 minutes until crisp.
- Beat the eggs together and add a splash of water, season with salt and pepper.
- Using a non stick frying pan on a medium heat with about a tsp of oil, soften the onions for around 2 minutes. Keep some onions to one side for garnish. With the remaining onions, add the chilli and cook for a further minute or so.
- Add the beaten eggs to the onions, swishing it around so that it covers the whole surface of the pan. When you can slightly move the omelette about without it sticking, add half of the feta, breaking it up evenly on top.
- Once the omelette is lightly brown on the bottom, fold in half to cook the top half then turn the stove off.
- Mix all of the salad dressing ingredients together, ready to drizzle on top.
- Once everything is cooked, place onto a plate, top off with the rest of the feta, onions and pomegranates and finally drizzle the dressing all over.
- Tuck in!