If you are a fan of risotto and love pasta, then this is a dish you’ll enjoy! Orzo pasta is a little treasure that makes this dish so creamy and delicious. Accompanied by fennel, roasted peppers and goats cheese, the pasta absorbs all the flavours, making for a tasty punch with every bite.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g orzo pasta
- 1.4L water
- 2 vegetable Knorr stock pots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g fennel (roughly diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 480g jar of roasted peppers (drained and diced)
- 100g goats cheese (plus extra for serving)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a medium heat with the olive oil, cook the fennel and onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and tomato puree and cook for a further minute, then add in the orzo pasta. Stir until coated well and then toast in the pan for 3-4 minutes on a low heat, then stir in the roasted peppers.
- Add in the water and bring to the boil. Stir in the stock pots.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for roughly 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the goats cheese and season to taste.