This is a light dish that hits the spot. Roasted aubergine mixed with a few spices to perk it up, which then goes on top of a light and fluffy omelette. Have half each as a snack with someone or eat the whole thing for dinner! Whatever way you choose is up to you. Add a little feta or an extra drizzle of yogurt to complete it.
Ingredients Makes 1
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tsp yogurt
- Small handful of cheddar cheese
- ½ a large aubergine
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground fenugreek
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A sprinkle of feta or drizzle of yogurt to finish
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Cut the aubergine roughly into 1cm cubes. Mix with the spices, seasoning and a little oil and roast for 10 – 15 minutes. Until soft.
- Whisk the eggs with the yogurt with a little salt and pepper. Heat a little oil into a frying pan and spread it around. On a medium heat, add the egg mixture. After a few minutes, add the cheddar cheese. Once the bottom has slightly started to colour, finish off under the grill.
- Serve the omelette with the roasted aubergine and either a little more yogurt or feta cheese and garnish with fresh coriander.