Enjoy the flavours of summer with fresh parsley and lemon juice running through this delicious sausage and fennel pasta dish. This classic combination is simply stunning, with a little kick of chilli layered throughout.
You can literally use any sausage but remember, the bigger the flavour in the sausage, the bigger the flavour in the dish!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g linguine or spaghetti
- 6 well seasoned sausages (eg. italian sausages)
- 1 bulb of fennel (finely sliced)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 10 sundried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 big handfuls of fresh parsley (super fine chopped)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Remove the skins from the sausages and then pinch small, rough pieces and add to a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a high heat to colour.
- Turn down to a medium heat and add the garlic and fennel and cook until soft, then turn down to low and add the lemon juice, chilli and sundried tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta following the package guidelines and add 4 tablespoons of the pasta water into the pan with the sausages.
- Strain the pasta and add to the pan along with the parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well and serve.
- Tuck in!