Halloumi burgers have certainly become popular in recent years! Menus everywhere offer their take on this vegetarian burger, and while we love the salty hit that halloumi naturally gives, we often find that extra salt is added to them, or they are combined with a lot of sweetness, which we believe is just a little too much with the salty indulgent cheese. That’s why we’ve decided to freshen it up a little with this lovely dill and mint pickle with creme fraiche, and believe us when we say: you won’t be asking for the sweet chilli again!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 350g halloumi (a block and a half roughly)
- 1 tbsp. dill (fine diced)
- 1 tbsp. mint (fine diced)
- 1 heaped tbsp creme fraiche
- 2-3 small gherkins (small diced)
- 4 brioche buns
- A heaped tsp cornflour
- Baby gem lettuce to garnish
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Mix the gherkins with the dill, mint and creme fraiche.
- Roughly cut two strips of halloumi for each burger, just under a centimeter thick.
- Lightly coat in the cornflour and fry in a pan with the olive oil, making sure the oil and pan is hot before adding the halloumi. Cook until golden brown.
- Toast your buns and load up!